I. Basic alignment
For alignment exercises, your Pill™ should be upright and aiming towards the hole.
Give it a swing. What happened to your Pill™'s path as it rolled?
- "It rolled straight!" Congratulations! Your alignment and stroke were square.
- "It curved inward, towards me." That means your clubface was slightly closed at impact. Proceed to our closed-face exercise here.
- "It curved out and away" Your clubface was slightly open at impact. Proceed to our open-face exercise here.
Unlike other training aids that force you to keep a birds-eye view to determine roll path, The Pill™ makes it easy to quickly see which way you're rolling.
II. Two-Pill™ Drill
To get a deeper look at how you release your clubface, place two Pill™ balls parallel with sides touching.
Take a swing. What happened?
- "They rolled together at almost the same rate" Congratulations! You're releasing the club perfectly.
- "The inside Pill™ rolled ahead of the other" You aren't releasing or rotating your club face enough. Proceed to our open-face exercise here.
- "The outer Pill™ rolled ahead of the other" You over-released or flipped the face closed. Proceed to our toe flip exercise .
Try the above exercises at 3 feet, 6 feet and 12 feet. After a few practices, you'll be hitting a regular ball with more confidence and precision.